There’s a lot happening in the world of beauty. Rather than try to keep up with it all, let us help. Here is what you need to know today.
1. Laura Mercier has launched its latest in complexion innovating foundations: Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide. Designed to blur imperfections and leave skin looking flawless, the formula is lightweight, humidity-proof and sweat-proof. It comes in 24 oil-free shades and is now available at Sephora.
2. A new app, The Beauty Mirror, allows people considering plastic surgery to upload selfies and view the results of different cosmetic procedures in 3-D before spending big bucks to have something done. Users can decrease their wrinkles, enhance their lips, lift their eyebrows, and so on. For more on the app, check out New York Daily News.
3. If you’re a fan of Stella, Stella McCartney’s signature fragrance, get ready for a new look. Women’s Wear Daily reports that the brand is relaunching the fragrance with a new package, new bottle size, and new face: Dutch model Lara Stone. The fragrance itself remains unchanged. The new look will roll out world-wide on August 1st.
4. The Daily Mail has investigated the new cosmetic enhancement trend of semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos. For anyone looking for thicker, fuller brows, the procedure tattoos on micro-fine hairs under the your natural ones. The look lasts between 14 months and two years.
5. Scientists are working to develop a new sunscreen pill, Business Insider reports. Several oral sunscreens are available on the market today, offering a high dose of anti-oxidants to fight sun damage. While these have been shown to slightly increase skin’s resistance to sun damage, they have a very low SPF compared to cream sunscreens and are not recommend as a replacement for regular sunscreen use. However, scientists are hopeful that experimentation with an amino acid found in bacteria, algae and fungi may lead to the eventual creation of a more effective oral sunscreen.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you