There’s a lot happening in the world of beauty. Rather than try to keep up with it all, let us help. Here is what you need to know today.
1. Jennifer Anniston has a new fragrance: J by Jennifer Aniston. It’s the second fragrance for the actress and is designed to have a beachy, summer feel with aquatic notes. The scent is available at Kohl’s.
2. The FDA hasn’t approved a new active ingredient for sunscreens in the U.S. since 1999, putting the United States behind both Asia and Europe for sunscreen advancements. According to Time Magazine, there are currently 8 ingredients awaiting FDA approval, which the agency says is because of a careful safety-review process. Congress is now working on a bipartisan bill, the Sunscreen Innovation Act, to speed the process along.
3. Gerard Butler, everyone’s favorite Hollywood hunk, has been named the new brand ambassador for Hugo Boss’s Boss Bottled fragrance. The actor will appear in print and TV ads for the brand starting this fall. Finally, there’s a reason not to fast-forward through commercial breaks. For more, check out the press release on Women’s Wear Daily.
4. According to local newspaper, The Register-Guard, Lane County Public Health Officials of Lane County, Oregon, have issued a public health warning against six weight loss products, including: Trim-Fast Slimming Softgel, 24 Ince, Mix Fruit Slimming, Lingzhi Cleansed Slim Tea, Lipo 8 Burn Slim Capsules, and Slimming Diet. Earlier this month, the FDA released a warning against products containing sibutramine, which can increase blood pressure and pulse rate, heightening the risk of arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, stroke and congestive heart failure.
5. Dermarché Labs has released Roloxin Lift, a skin-smoothing treatment that can be applied quickly, shows results instantly and lasts 12 hours. The treatment improves facial texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles for younger-looking skin.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you