There’s a lot happening in the world of beauty. Rather than try to keep up with it all, let us help. Here, your beauty cheat sheet for this week.
1. Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 beauty line launched at Sephora this week. Full of sheer, vibrant colors and amazing foundations, we have a feeling the spring line will be just as popular as Fall 2013 (according to Lucky, some products sold out in just a few hours).
2. Almay announced their latest celebrity spokesperson: country singer Carrie Underwood! According to InStyle.com, Underwood will “front Almay’s full range, from skin care to color cosmetics” and her first ad launches this week. You can learn more (and watch her latest spot) on Almay.com.
3. Eating fish might be more dangerous than we thought! While we’re big advocates of the beauty-boosting benefits of omega-3s, a recent study released by the Environmental Working Group found “that 10 of the most popular seafoods in the American market would pose an unacceptable mercury risk to an average-weight pregnant woman who ate the amount recommended by the government each week” and that “many people won’t benefit [from omega-3s] as much as they hope, because 8 of the 10 most popular types of seafood, including shrimp and catfish, rank low for healthy omega-3 fats.” Learn more (and find out which types of fish you should eat) here.
4. The short film Selfie premiered at Sundance yesterday. The film, commissioned by Dove to mark the 10th anniversary of its “Real Beauty” campaign, delves into beauty standards of today, how mothers’ own insecurities affect their daughters, how social media plays into all of this and what women can do to change the conversation about beauty. You can watch the 8-minute version of the film here and join the conversation about the film (and help redefine what beauty is) by heading to Twitter #BeautyIs.
5. Michelle Obama turned 50 last week! Not only did the FLOTUS talk to People about her anti-aging regime, she also gave her thoughts on Botox. Read more here.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you