With party season in full swing, we’re all trying to look our best. But no matter how well-stocked your closet is, if your hair isn’t perfectly in place, your whole look can be ruined. Winter can be harsh on your strands, leaving it dry, frizzy and brittle. That’s why this season more than ever, it’s important to take precautions when it comes to your strands.
“Whether you are going to a big office party or having a small, family celebration, you want your hair to look fabulous,” says Mahisha Dellinger, founder and CEO of CURLS, a company specializing in organic hair-care products for curly hair. “But it just so happens that the holiday season comes during one of the most challenging times for hair, so you have to take action.”
Here are her five tips for having fabulous holiday hair:
1. Pre-condition. Before the holidays arrive, take the time to pre-condition your hair so that it is ready to take on all that the season is going to throw at it. Use a good all-natural deep conditioner, and add in a little extra olive oil, to help keep your hair looking great.
2. Get regular trims. We may get busy during the holidays, as we start hitting the stores in search of sales, but we can’t skimp on getting regular trims. Keeping your hair trimmed is essential to maintaining a beautiful head of hair and helping it to stay healthy.
3. Keep it natural. Tis the season to forget all the work that would go into trying to twist your hair into new positions and shapes. Decide to keep it stress-free by going natural, this holiday season. If you are following the other tips, it will just add to the beauty.
4. Wash less. This is an area that gets a lot of people in trouble. Avoid washing your hair every day. Instead, keep it to once a week. This will help you avoid stripping all the natural oils out of your hair, thus drying it out. This is especially important during the winter months.
5. Skip the heat. Many people like to use some sort of heat source on their hair, to either dry or curl it. This can be quite damaging and drying to the hair, so avoid using heat on it, whenever possible.
“A fabulous holiday hairstyle can be easy to achieve when you do these things,” says Dellinger. “Pair that hair with some nice make-up, painted nails, and a beautiful dress, and all eyes will be on you at that party.”
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you