Planning to get a laser treatment? It’s essential to follow these guidelines for any kind of energy- or light-based procedure:
1. Choose a doctor who has extensive experience using a variety of lasers, so he or she can recommend the one that’s best for you.
2. Don’t ask your doctor for a specific laser. Rather, explain what you’d like to address, and let your doctor offer the solutions.
3. Never undergo a laser treatment if you have tan-whether it’s from the sun or from a bottle. The laser light is attracted to pigment in the skin, so if your skin is dark, there’s more of a risk for complications.
4. Regulations vary from state to state, so ask your doctor who will be administering your treatment, and if he or she is permitted to do so under your state’s laws.
5. Have realistic expectations. While lasers and other energy-based treatments can be beneficial, they cannot cure all of your beauty concerns or act as a substitute for surgery.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you