Only Choose A Board-Certified Doctor For Cosmetic Procedures
We’ve all heard the headlines and grimaced over the details of stories that have been labeled “plastic surgery horror stories.” Among some of the worst cases over the past few years:
• In 2008 a Pittsburgh OB/GYN performed breast implant surgery that resulted in permanent disfigurement and scars three times the typical size
• In 2009 a Las Vegas family practitioner performed breast implant surgery that left one patient receiving emergency surgery to remove a protruding implant
• In 2010, two patients died after receiving liposuction and fat transfer at a South Florida rejuvenation clinic, by a doctor trained in pediatric medicine
• In 2011 a Miami woman with no medical training performed “fake plastic surgery treatments” that involved injecting patients with flat tire sealant and cement, then sealing wounds with super glue, resulting in disfigurement and extensive reparative surgeries
These cases and others across the U.S. have spurred debate and controversy over cosmetic surgery but the underlying thread between them, the link that stands out above everything else—not one of these medical professionals was board-certified to perform any type of cosmetic surgery. For example, a physician board-certified in radiology isn’t certified in breast surgery; doctors may have the required training for their respective fields but they are not qualified to perform procedures that they have not been trained in or are not certified in. In the U.S. only 3.5 percent of doctors are actually qualified to perform aesthetic procedures.
Here at NewBeauty, we stress the importance of finding a board-certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist. When it comes to your health and well-being, there should be no compromises.
Watch the video below with West Orange, NJ, plastic surgeon Mokhtar Asaadi, MD, to find out more.
- Body •
- Dr. Mokhtar Asaadi •
- Face •
- Board Certified Doctor •
- Breast Surgery •
- Dermatologist •
- Facial Plastic Surgeon •
- Plastic Surgeon •
- Plastic Surgery
- 0 comments | Post a comment