How To Create Retro Pin-Up Girl Waves
When it comes to waves we instantly think of actress Blake Lively. And when it comes to all of our upcoming holiday parties, we’re thinking waves. One of her most recent (and elegant) red-carpet looks is our current inspiration: beautiful pin-up girl waves. We had to get the scoop on how to channel Blake’s retro waves.
“This is a great look for holiday parties because it’s classic yet dripping with sex appeal,” says celebrity stylist Kiyah Wright. "Best of all, it’s simple to create at home." Want to try this look yourself? Wright told us exactly how to recreate it in six easy steps:
1. Wash and condition hair.
2. Apply a golf ball-sized amount of mouse to the lengths of towel-dried hair and use a round brush to blow-dry the hair.
3. Once the hair is dried, use a fine-tooth comb to create a deep side part.
4. Starting at the nape of the neck and moving towards the top of the head, curl the hair in small sections using a 1-inch curling iron. Once the entire head is curled, spritz with a medium hold hairspray like Sebastian Professional Shaper.
5. Take a paddle brush and brush through the curls for a more retro feel. Apply Clairol Professional Shaping Gel to tame flyaways and define the side part.
6. Clip the hair back on one side of the head with a bobby pin.
- Celebrity •
- Clairol Professional Shaping Gel •
- Hair •
- Kiyah Wright •
- Tips + Tutorials •
- Blake Lively •
- How-To •
- Pin-Up Girl •
- Retro •
- 0 comments | Post a comment