Find Your Perfect Side Part
Not exactly sure where to place your side part? Neither are we. According to Jeffrey Mayo, Eufora Global Educator and Stylist, there’s a science to finding your ideal side part based on your facial features. But don’t worry there’s no science lab materials required, all you’ll need is a mirror, a comb, some styling products and a piece of paper.
It’s simple. Prep your hair by washing and conditioning. Mayo suggests using moisturizing products like Beautifying Elixirs Moisture Intense Shampoo and Conditioner. Then, spray a leave-in treatment like Beautifying Elixirs Leave-In Repair Treatment to towel-dried hair to add some shine and to control frizz. After, you’re all set to follow Mayo’s four easy steps to find you most flattering side part:
1. Everyone has a strong side and a weak side of their face. To find it, look in the mirror and hold up a piece of printer paper to one side of the face.
2. Now, move the paper to the opposite side and notice the features on that side as well. Move the paper back and forth between the two sides of the face until the slight differences between the symmetry of the features are noticeable.
3. The side that has more features turned in the upward direction is the stronger side of the face. This is the side that should be kept exposed when deciding on a hairstyle, meaning the heavier side of the part should always go against the weaker side of the face.
4. Once the side is chosen, to make a perfect side part, try combing from the outside corner of the eye in the front, to the middle center in the back to ensure symmetry in the hairstyle.
- 1 comments | Post a comment