Seven Skin Ingredients That Work For Hair Too
Your skin isn’t the only part of your body that should be treated with anti-aging ingredients like antioxidants, peptides and essential vitamins to stave off the effects of time. The hottest hair-care products integrate tried-and-true actives with traditional formulas to fortify hair and make it impervious to age-related changes like dryness, frizz and breakage.
1. Antioxidants: Antioxidants neutralize free radicals to keep hair healthy and strong. Some say that flooding the hair with antioxidants prevents hair loss, since certain ones, like green tea and vitamins, are thought to promote hair growth and prevent the follicle from shrinking. No scientific studies have yet been able to validate the theory.
2. Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid hydrates deep down within the hair fiber because of its small molecular size. Not only does it moisturize on the surface, it also works to retain much-needed moisture, too.
3. UVA and UVB Protectors: Sun protectants work differently on the hair than they do on the skin. They are not able to penetrate deep within the cuticle and only sit on the surface to prevent color from fading; they also help to safeguard the scalp from damaging rays.
4. CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10): When used topically, CoQ10 is believed to enhance scalp circulation, increasing the rate at which hair grows and improving its quality.
5. Retinyl Palmitate: Retinyl Palmitate provides free-radical protection and nourishes the hair and scalp.
6. Stem Cells: When incorporated into hair products, stem cells help to maintain healthy follicle cells to delay the effects of aging on the hair and scalp. Apple stem cells, the most common variety used in hair-care products, also possess unique characteristics to aid in hair growth.
7. Resveratrol: The antioxidant helps protect hair from free radical damage and stimulates cell regeneration. Resveratrol feeds new cells that are forming at the root to keep the follicle strong, creating healthier hair.
- 0 comments | Post a comment
More articles on Hair: