Mobile Support / FAQ
- Q. How do I get the App?
- The App can be downloaded from the Apple App store or via www.newbeauty.com/app.
- Q. What content is included in the App?
- The App allows you to purchase single issues, as well as subscriptions, to the digital edition. Current paid, print subscribers get unlimited access.
- Q. Do I have to have an iPad?
- No. You can read NewBeauty on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Q. How am I notified when the latest issue is available to download?
- You will see the latest issue when you open the App.
- Q. How much does the App cost?
- The App itself is free. You can purchase single copies, or an annual subscription, once you download the App. Single copies of NewBeauty are $4.99 and an annual subscription is $14.99. All annual subscriptions are auto-renewed.
If you are a current paid, print subscriber, unlimited access to the digital edition is included for the length of your current subscription.
- Q. Can I purchase back issues in the App?
- All issues starting with Spring-Summer 2011 are available for purchase.
- Q. How do I delete an old issue?
- From the Library screen, tap and hold on the cover of the issue that you want to delete. Once it starts to wiggle, tap the Delete button. Deleting an issue can take a few seconds to process. If you paid for an issue, you can always redownload it at any time by tapping the Redownload button.
- Q. Can I subscribe to both the print version and the digital edition?
- Yes. However, if you are a paid, print subscriber, you do not need to purchase a subscription to access issues on your device. Your paid subscription automatically includes access to the digital edition.
- Q. How do I cancel my digital subscription?
- Your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel it through your iTunes account.
- Q. I am a paid, print subscriber. How do I access the digital edition?
- In the App, click on the Subscribe button in the upper left-hand corner, and then the Use Print Subscription button at the bottom of the screen. You will then be prompted to provide your account number, zip code and email address.
Your account number can be found on your label. Please refer to the example below.
- Q. Will I be able to access past issues with my digital subscription?
- No. Your subscription to the digital edition is just like a print subscription. You will have access to all new issues as they are released for the duration of your subscription.
- Q. I tried to use my account number to access the latest issue on my device but it said it was invalid.
- Please contact our mobile support team.
- Q. Why didn't the App fully download to my mobile device?
- The most likely cause of this problem is an interruption in your Internet connection during the download process. In order to reinitiate the download process on your device, please follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store and download the latest version of the NewBeauty App.
- Launch the NewBeauty App again and then tap on the Refresh button at the top right of the Library screen. You will now be prompted to log in with your App Store ID. After logging in, all of the downloads that you've previously purchased will resume downloading immediately. If you are trying to download a free preview, just tap on the Download button next to the issue you want, and the download should begin immediately.
- Q. Why didn't the App download in a viewable format?
- This problem may occur when part of the download is corrupted during the download process or there may be a possible storage space issue on your device. Please check to make sure that you are not out of storage space on your device. You'll need at least 200 MB space available.
If you have the necessary storage space, please follow these steps to correct the problem:
- Delete the App from your device by tapping and holding on the NewBeauty icon on your Home screen. Then, tap the X button when the App starts to jiggle and confirm that you want to delete the App.
- Once deleted, return to the App Store and download the NewBeauty App again. Once the download is complete, just tap on the Refresh button at the top right of the library screen. You'll then be prompted to log in with your App Store ID. After logging in, your in-App purchase/subscription will then be restored and the download for the App will begin.
- Q. Why am I being told that I am in a "sandbox" environment when I try to make a purchase?
- The primary cause of this type of error is that your device is "jailbroken." If so, you can choose to restore your device to a regular version of the OS, or you can query your favorite search engine to try to find some work-arounds for in-App purchasing on "jailbroken" devices.
If you continue to have problems, or your device is not "jailbroken," you will need to contact Apple directly for assistance in trouble-shooting a potential problem with your account.